Aikido of New Orleans is a non-profit group in New Orleans, Louisiana, dedicated to training in the Japanese martial art of Aikido.
We invite you to come practice with us at Aikido of New Orleans. Aikido is a Japanese martial art that is both fun and fascinating.
When you practice at our dojo, you’ll discover a system of movement that is as powerful and effective as it is beautiful. And unlike working out at a gym, aikido practice will challenge your mind as well as your body. The more you train, the better you’ll become, and the more you’ll want to train.
When you step off the aikido mat, you’ll enjoy the benefits of being more:
- fit – Aikido improves stamina, flexibility, and offers a vigorous, cardiovascular workout.
- safe – Aikido is not an aggressive martial art, but you’ll learn how to defuse physical confrontations.
- focused – Aikido sharpens awareness, reflexes, and concentration.
- confident – Aikido shows you how to relax under pressure.
- coordinated – Aikido focuses on teaching your body to operate in unity, while you develop correct posture and balance.
Aikido of New Orleans
Aikido of New Orleans is the only aikido group in Louisiana that is a member of the United States Aikido Federation, which is affiliated with Hombu Dojo (Aikido World Headquarters) in Tokyo. We are a non-profit organization that is staffed entirely by volunteer instructors and senior members who enjoy practicing and sharing the art of aikido with others.